Who I Am
Things to take note of:
- Horrors movies are loved by many people, none of which are my husband.
- Horrors movies use folklore & legend as a basis, embellish upon them, & materialize fear.
- Real horror exists in today's world: Think Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ed Gein.
Now that the basics are out of the way, let's stretch this a little further.
- Ghosts exist. I've *seen* them.
- The devil exists. The Bible tells me so.
- Zombies exist. I dare you to prove me wrong.
Hi! My name is Petra. Welcome to my twisted blog.
I am a horror movie buff for all things creepy and cheesy and B. I am one of the many fans of movies such as *Death Valley: The Revenge of Bloody Bill* - we are the reason they continue to produce. They have a following. Granted these movies go straight to DVD (as no theater in it's right mind would risk featuring it) but there is still a following for these gawd-awful films; and guaranteed I am standing in their line.
I don't remember the very first horror movie I've ever seen. Susperia maybe? I can tell you that it was during the 70's when B movies ruled the cinema world with exploitation films that pushed the envelope of horror. My mother was a huge fan and as my father was never one to bother with such drivel (much like my husband, ironically) my mother would take me to see these movies as she would get too scared to see them by herself. Some might view this as child abuse, to subject one at such a young age to gore and violence. Myself? I viewed it as cool.
So this blog is my tribute to the movies I love, both in the horror genre, and out of the horror genre. Feel free to disagree, or better yet, feel free to agree with me! I love to hear peoples opinions. After all, I do offer up mine freely enough...........